Today in my scheduling series, I will share how I am getting back on board with Trim Healthy Mama by sharing my week of menu plans. I would like to get into the habit of posting my menus on here every week, as well as my grocery lists so you can see how to eat this way without breaking the bank.
I always have coffee with stevia and half & half with breakfast, good girl moonshine or kombucha with lunch, and tea with my night time snack.
I started this menu yesterday so it starts from yesterday and goes through Monday. Book page numbers are in parentheses and recipes not in the book are linked to the source I found them from.
- Tuesday: Breakfast: 2 fried eggs Lunch: romaine salad with chopped up hardboiled eggs and extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) Snack: greek yogurt with 1/2 banana Dinner: organic baby kale with tuna and EVOO Snack: string cheese
- Friday: Breakfast: apple oat cake Lunch: tuna in a Joseph’s pita Snack: peanut butter cups Dinner: Cook out with friends (grilled meat and s style salad) Snack: peanut butter blondies
- Saturday: Breakfast: 1 fried egg and turkey bacon Lunch: grilled cheese made with cheddar cheese and bread in a mug (page 265) and just like campbell’s soup (page 292) Snack: Big Boy Smoothie (page 242) Dinner: baked chicken thighs (page 322); cauliflower mashed potatoes (page 361); steamed broccoli Snack: peanut butter cups
- Sunday: Breakfast: sprouted rye toast with laughing cow cheese and tomato Lunch: leftovers Snack: sliced veggies Dinner: chicken fajita salad (fajita fixins on romaine lettuce with sour cream and hot sauce) Snack: red wine and dark chocolate
- Monday: Breakfast: coffee cake for one Lunch: crispy salmon (page 283) on organic baby kale with EVOO Snack: 2 light rye wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese wedge Dinner: whole baked chickens (page 321) and coconut oil sauteed zucchini Snack: almonds
This post is linked up at Menu Plan Monday.
For my first crack at this new flow of intentional time management, I’ve decided to break my day up into categories. These are the major categories of my daily life that I’d like to improve upon in some way. Then I will pick one specific way to be more intentional for the week and try to stick with it. I will post my progress here each day and an overall progress report at the end of the week.
Spiritual Life: This week, my goal is to get up at 6:30 am (I typically get up at 7 ish) so I can spend time in prayer and the Word. The biggest obstacle I can see with this is if the children don’t stay asleep for at least the first 15 minutes so I can get in some quality prayer time. I can study with them up but prayer is a little trickier.
Marriage: Spend at least 15 minutes decompressing together and talking just the 2 of us. This may seem like a no-brainer, but we could go days without sitting down face to face and intentionally sharing with one another. Which then leads to blow ups because there’s no buffer each day to take the pressure of every day life off . We’ve been trying this for a couple of days and it seems like it’s working pretty well. I want to continue this.
Parenting: I really, really want to be less snappy with my kids. I am a very intense person and I need to practice being calmer when I am dealing with my children.
Home Education: I think we are doing really well in this area actually (it’s still early in the year!) So I think my goal here will be to keep up the forward momentum.
Housework: Clean something every day. Cleaning is NOT my strong suit. A schedule has to be made for me to stick to. This is one area where I have to be rigid or it won’t get done. I will share what I come up with tomorrow.
Health: I am so off base here. I have 2 goals….. get back on my eating plan (MUCH more about that to come!) and do some sort of exercise. Any sort of exercise. For any length of time. That’s how far off I am.
Blog: This is my newest area so I’m really feeling this out. I have so many fun posts planned and I’m also totally open to ideas….what do you want to read? My goal is to write 2 posts a day.
What about you?? Who’s with me? Do you have even ONE area that you can pinpoint a goal you’d like to work on? Let’s use this platform to hold one another accountable. Post your comments below.
I have been searching for a way to be more consistent. To put more of a flow to our days.
I’ve tried hourly scheduling, but then I feel like I am putting God in a box. If one thing goes unplanned it throws me off and I scrap the whole thing.
I’ve tried to-do lists, but then I end up limiting myself to that list. I can’t exactly list everything I need to tend to that day. It just doesn’t seem right to put spending time with my kids on a list.
I’ve tried FlyLady and it overwhelms me. I’ve tried MOTH and it’s just too rigid.
And still…..this nagging feeling inside to have more structure, more purpose, more intentionality…..it persists.
So I am going to use this new platform as a way to try and satisfy that longing in a public way. I will share what I am doing, how I am doing and what is or isn’t working.
I have actually heard from a couple of friends that they are in the same boat. Lacking that consistency and knowing their lives and homes would be more blessed if they could get into a groove. So I am hoping to make this an interactive journey. One where we can learn from one another and get better on track in our day to day lives together.
What works for you? What isn’t working? What unique challenges do you have that you need to overcome to get into more of a flow? Please post your comments below and let’s encourage one another in this season of becoming more intentional.
Stay tuned later today for my first post about my new plans. Or better yet….scroll to the bottom of this page and subscribe to get my new posts via email!